NHL 15 marks the series’ debut on the new-gen systems, and the franchise has rightly come under fire foromitting features this year. While developer EA Canada already announced that online team play would be coming in the future, series’ producer Sean Ramjagsingh has also announced further post-launch additions for the title.
In a post on the NHL EA Sports forums, Ramjagsingh notes the following content update schedule for NHL 15 on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One:
- Playoff Mode – Play an offline tourney with 16 teams from the game’s 12 leagues. You can sim games, and player and team stats are kept throughout the tourney.
- Be a Pro Coach Feedback – Like previous years, your coach will tell you what you need to do to get a better grade.
- 3 Stars of the Game – At the end of the game (in every mode) you’ll see who were the three stars.
- Ultimate Team – Updates include new layout and interface for the mode’s store, new animations for player items, and an improved edit lines screen.
- Online Team Play – 5-on-5 online team play.
- Drafting in GM Mode – Make your team’s picks on draft day. You’ll get three minutes to make your pick, but you are also afforded an unspecified amount of time outs if necessary.
NHL 15 comes out on September 9 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.